Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Beautiful Campgrounds

I'm now on my fourth great adventure in six years, and tonight I'm in one of the most beautiful campgrounds I've ever camped in. I'm at Salmon le Sac in the Wenatchee National Forest, and tonight I will fall asleep to the sound of the creek rushing about 15 feet from my van. 





There seem to be one or two of these campgrounds on every big trip; near Glenallen, Alaska, it was the Tonsina campground. Sinks Canyon in Lander, Wyoming was very snowy but also had a creek running nearby and the snow made for a magical sight. In Newfoundland, the campground at Dildo Run was right on the beach and I could watch the tide coming in and going out. 

This campground has no wifi or cell service, so by the time I get to post this blog, I'll be in Seattle. But I'll never forget campsite #39 at Salmon le Sac! 

No comments:

Post a Comment