Monday, June 3, 2013

Canada

After a delightful weekend in Seattle, a weekend of baseball, T-ball, soccer, bicycles and lots of time with grandchildren (and their parents!), it was time to get back on the road. I finally made it into Canada, avoiding the collapsed bridge on I-5 and the associated detour by taking the much more picturesque Route 9.  I'd been on parts of it before, but most of this route was new to me, and so very pretty. I sure got my green fix!!
Owen in the outfield.
George as catcher.


Owen playing soccer and Ted refereeing.

Ballard Market

Harry Potter wizard chess -- Owen and Dad.
Crossing the border at Sumas was really easy -- it only took about 10 minutes, but I had to get rid of my apples.  I forgot that I had them in the car until I stopped for lunch before the border and saw them there. I managed to eat one before the border, but the other two had to go.  Oh well.
Crossing the border at Sumas

The afternoon was perfect for a drive along the Fraser river, through Hell's Canyon (but no photos -- couldn't find a place to pull over and take one) and finally to the evening's destination -- Cache Creek BC.   I did manage some photos earlier in the drive, before the Hell's Canyon area, and it was so restful to stop and spend a few minutes just drinking in the beauty of this place.
Along the Fraser River

For some reason, I am having trouble uploading photos, so I'm going to publish this and hopefully I'll have a better wireless connection in a day or two, then I'll do an edit and add the photos.  But for now, it's time to close and see if I can get this published....
First night campsite -- Brookside Campground, Cache Creek BC

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something wonky keeps happening with my comments. Maybe I can blame it on the internet connection in Botswana! Anyway, what I said was:

    Wow, George and Owen are getting so big! You are making rapid progress already and it's great that you made it to Canada. Safe travels and happy good wireless connection hunting!

    ReplyDelete